Participants undertaking training in this course will develop the skills and knowledge required by those who cut materials with a hand-held chainsaw in a variety of work settings including a construction, saw mill, forest products factory, timber retail yard or horticultural environment.
It will cover the outcomes required to prepare and cut materials with a hand-held chainsaw Including basic operator maintenance checks. More comprehensive servicing and maintenance procedures are covered in FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
To complete this course, participants must have:
- The capacity to undertake the physical requirements of the course, for example be able to safely and efficiently use a hand-held chainsaw to cut materials
- The reading and writing skills to read instructions and complete fault logs etc.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks –
- Prepare for operation
- Personal protective equipment and clothing
- Set up for operation
- Conduct operations
- Cut material – this task must be done 3 times, on 3 different types of material
- Maintain equipment during and after operations
- Finalise operations
Documentation – Completion of an equipment fault log.
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.